Friday, January 3, 2014

Puff the Magic Dragon

Puff the Magic Dragon
Written by Peter Yarrow and Lenny Lipton
Illustrated by Eric Puybaret

When I taught school, I had a fellow teacher that invited my class in to her classroom to sing songs while she accompanied them on the piano.  Puff the Magic Dragon was one that everyone looked forward to singing.  I heard the song many times, and I thought I knew and understood the story behind it pretty well.  But, as soon as I checked this book out from the library and read it with my little ones, it came alive.  Since then, I have read/sung this book to my children many times.

The illustrations in this book are very soft and almost dreamlike, which fit the lyrics so well.  My favorite part of the illustrations is that they bring a happy ending to the very sad song.  Dragons, pirates, noble kings, and boats make up the very best of imagination and bedtime adventures.  A perfect way to get ready for bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment